- Plugin Name: WPSSO Core (Premium)
- Stable Version: 8.14.0
- Author: JS Morisset
- Description: Make sure your content looks best on social sites and in search results, no matter how your webpages are shared, re-shared, messaged, posted, embedded
- License: Nontransferable License for WordPress Site Address URL
- Requires PHP: 5.6 or newer
- Requires WordPress: 4.4 or newer
- Tested Up To WordPress: 5.6
- Tested Up To WooCommerce: 4.7.1
- Last Updated: 14 hours ago
- Plugin Home Page »
The Complete Structured Data Solution for WordPress
Make sure your content looks best on social sites and in search results, no matter how your webpages are shared, re-shared, messaged, posted, embedded, or crawled:
WPSSO creates meta tags, Schema markup, and structured data for Facebook / Open Graph, Pinterest Rich Pins, Twitter Cards, Google Knowledge Graph, Google Rich Results (aka Rich Snippets, Structured Data), WhatsApp and Messaging Apps, Mobile Web Browsers, WordPress REST API, LinkedIn / oEmbed data and more — including complete markup for image SEO, video SEO, extensive e-Commerce product markup (for WooCommerce and others), mobile store apps, author profile / authorship, co-authors, publisher information, local business markup, aggregate ratings, reviews, recipe information, event details, and much, much more — all from your existing WordPress content, supported plugin data, and service API data.
Uses your existing WordPress content, plugin data, and service API data:
There's no need to manually re-enter descriptions, titles, product information, re-select images / videos, etc. like other meta tag, SEO and Schema markup plugins.
WPSSO can be used as your one and only social and search optimization plugin, or in combination with your favorite SEO plugin to improve its meta tags and Schema markup (including, All in One SEO Pack, Jetpack SEO Tools, Rank Math SEO, SEO Ultimate, SEOPress, The SEO Framework, WP Meta SEO, Yoast SEO, and more).
You can customize the plugin settings for different languages:
Text, image, and video related options are WordPress language / locale aware, which means you can easily switch languages and customize these options for different front-end webpage languages.
Coded for maximum WordPress performance and compatibility:
WPSSO makes full use of all available caching methods — along with offering advanced caching features like pre-seeding in background. WPSSO Core and its complementary add-ons load only the libraries and classes they need, keeping their code small, fast and light. All code is fully tested and compatible with the latest version of WordPress and PHP v7.x (WordPress v4.2 and PHP v5.6 or newer is required).
Users Love the WPSSO Core Plugin
★★★★★ — "This plugin has been a lifesaver in terms of making our images and links and descriptions look beautiful everywhere we post them! It’s so easy to use and the preview functions are incredibly helpful." - lotusblooms
★★★★★ — "What a fantastic plugin. If you want to fix all the errors in search console for structured data, this is the plugin to use. Love it." - goviral
★★★★★ — "This plugin saves me so much time, and it has really lifted my SERP rankings. Most of my keywords I now rank 1-3 position. I also noticed after about a week that my impressions have gone up at least 75%. I upgraded to the pro version which gave me even more options." - playnstocks
★★★★★ — "Yoast on steroids! As an SEO marketer, I love using Yoast for my basic on-page SEO. But Yoast only allows you to enter basic Open Graph social settings. This plugin gives you SO many more options on completing the Open Graph for Facebook, Twitter cards, Pinterest etc. If you use WordPress, I totally recommend using this plugin to help with better rankings in the SERPS!" - gregmontag
WPSSO Core Standard Features
Complete and accurate meta tags for all social sites, search engines, web browser extensions, mail and messaging apps, and embedded object / iframe content.
Updates WordPress oEmbed data with the Open Graph title, description, and image for posts, pages, and custom post types.
Provides WordPress image size settings for:
- Open Graph (Facebook and oEmbed)
- Pinterest Pin It
- Schema 1:1 (Google Rich Results)
- Schema 4:3 (Google Rich Results)
- Schema 16:9 (Google Rich Results)
- Schema Thumbnail Image
- Twitter Summary Card
- Twitter Large Image Summary Card
Includes additional Twitter article and product meta tags for Slack.
Locates images from numerous sources, including featured, attached, gallery shortcode, content images, or a custom fallback image.
Offers meta tags and optional Schema markup for all webpages, including:
- Home Page (static page or blog)
- Posts, Pages, and Custom Post Types
- Categories, Tags, and Custom Taxonomy / Terms
- User Profile Pages
- Media Attachment Pages
- Search Result Pages
- Archive Pages
Customize values in the Document SSO metabox when editing posts, pages, custom post types, terms (categories and tags), custom post types, and user profiles.
Built-in compatibility with AMP plugins:
Built-in compatibility with caching plugins:
- Cache Enabler
- Comet Cache
- LiteSpeed Cache
- Hummingbird Cache
- Pagely, Siteground Optimizer
- W3 Total Cache (aka W3TC)
- WP Engine Cache
- WP Fastest Cache
- WP Rocket Cache
- WP Super Cache.
Built-in compatibility for advanced WordPress configurations:
- WordPress MU Domain Mapping
- Network / Multisite Installations
Includes advanced quality assurance features and options:
- Checks and warns of any missing PHP modules.
- Checks 3rd party plugin settings for possible conflicts.
- Checks for minimum / maximum image dimensions and aspect ratios.
- Shows notices for missing and required images.
- Validates theme header templates for correct HTML markup.
- Verifies webpage HTML for duplicate meta tags.
Contextual help for every plugin option and comprehensive online documentation.
Free Complementary Add-ons
Do you need even more advanced, special and unique features?
Simply activate the free complementary add-on(s) you require:
- WPSSO FAQ Manager to manage FAQ categories with Question and Answer pages.
- WPSSO Inherit Parent Metadata to inherit featured and custom images.
- WPSSO Mobile App Meta Tags to manage mobile App information.
- WPSSO Organization Markup to manage multiple Organizations.
- WPSSO Place and Local SEO Markup to manage multiple locations.
- WPSSO Product Metadata for WooCommerce to add GTIN, GTIN-8, GTIN-12 (UPC), GTIN-13 (EAN), GTIN-14, ISBN, MPN, depth, and volume for WooCommerce products and variations.
- WPSSO Ratings and Reviews to add ratings in WordPress comments.
- WPSSO REST API to add meta tags and Schema markup in REST API queries.
- WPSSO Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons to add responsive share buttons.
- WPSSO Schema Breadcrumbs Markup to add Breadcrumbs markup for Google.
- WPSSO Schema JSON-LD Markup to provide Google with Schema markup in its preferred format.
- WPSSO Shipping Delivery Time for WooCommerce to provide Google with shipping rates and delivery time estimates.
- WPSSO Strip Schema Microdata to strip incorrect markup from templates.
- WPSSO Tune WP Image Editors for better looking WordPress thumbnails.
- WPSSO User Locale Selector to switch languages quickly and easily.
WPSSO Core Premium Features
The Standard version is designed to satisfy the requirements of most standard WordPress sites / blogs. If your site requires additional 3rd party plugin or service API integration, like WooCommerce shops, embedded video support, or advanced customization features, then you may want the Premium version for those additional features.
Detection of embedded videos from Facebook, Slideshare, Vimeo, Wistia, and Youtube in the content text.
Support for the Twitter Player Card for embedded videos.
Optional upscaling of small images from the Media Library for social sharing and Schema markup.
URL shortening with Bitly, DLMY.App, Google, Ow.ly, TinyURL, or YOURLS.
Most complete Schema JSON-LD markup for WooCommerce products (WPSSO JSON add-on required).
Integrates with 3rd party plugins and service APIs for additional image, video, e-Commerce product details, SEO settings, etc. The following modules are included with the Premium version, and are automatically loaded if/when the supported plugins and/or services are required.
Integration with 3rd Party Plugins:
- All in One SEO Pack
- BuddyPress (including Group Forum Topics)
- Co-Authors Plus (including Guest Authors)
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Gravity Forms + GravityView
- NextCellent Gallery - NextGEN Legacy
- NextGEN Gallery
- Perfect WooCommerce Brands
- Product GTIN (EAN, UPC, ISBN) for WooCommerce
- Rate my Post
- rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress
- Simple Job Board
- The Events Calendar
- The SEO Framework
- WooCommerce Brands
- WooCommerce Currency Switcher
- WooCommerce UPC, EAN, and ISBN
- WooCommerce Show Single Variations
- WP Job Manager
- WP Meta SEO
- WP Product Review
- WP Recipe Maker
- WP Ultimate Recipe
- YITH WooCommerce Brands Add-on
- Yoast SEO (aka WordPress SEO)
- Yotpo Social Reviews for WooCommerce
Integration with Service APIs:
- Facebook Embedded Videos
- Gravatar (Author Image)
- Shopper Approved (Ratings and Reviews)
- Slideshare Presentations
- Soundcloud Tracks (for the Twitter Player Card)
- Vimeo Videos
- Wistia Videos
- WordPress Video Shortcode (and Self-Hosted Videos)
- Your Own URL Shortener (YOURLS)
- YouTube Videos and Playlists
Customize additional option values in the Document SSO metabox when editing posts, pages, custom post types, terms (categories and tags), custom post types, and user profiles.