- Plugin Name: WPSSO Tune Image Editors
- Stable Version: 2.4.0
- Author: JS Morisset
- Description: Improves the Look of Thumbnails and Resized Images for Better Click-Through-Rates on Social and Search Sites.
- License: GPLv3
- Requires PHP: 5.6 or newer
- Requires WordPress: 4.2 or newer
- Tested Up To WordPress: 5.5
- Last Updated: 2 hours ago
- Plugin Homepage »
Have you noticed that WordPress creates small images that seems a bit "fuzzy" — nothing like the nice sharp original you uploaded?
The reason is that after an image is resized, that image must be sharpened — but WordPress doesn't do any sharpening, so the resized image remains a bit "fuzzy" — not what you want for a featured image or shared image on social sites! ;-)
The WPSSO Tune Image Editors (aka WPSSO TIE) add-on provides this missing WordPress feature — it automatically applies sharpening to all JPEG images resized by the WordPress ImageMagick library.
Compatible with all image compression / optimization plugins:
Image sharpening / adjustments are applied during the WordPress image resize operation, so the resulting resized image / thumbnail can be optimized afterwards as usual.
Users Love the WPSSO TIE Add-on
★★★★★ — "This plugin helped me tune my images to look really good on social media. Great job!" - undergroundnetwork
WPSSO TIE Standard Features
Extends the features of the WPSSO Core plugin.
Applies adjustments to resized images (aka thumbnails) using ImageMagick:
- Enable or disable image adjustments / sharpening for resized images.
- Uses a better compression quality of 92% (WordPress default is 82%).
- Applies a default amount of sharpening values to all resized images.
Optionally select different primary / secondary image editor(s) for WordPress:
- GD Only
- GD and ImageMagick
- ImageMagick Only
- ImageMagick and GD (WordPress default)
Optionally fine-tune the image filter priority and image adjustment options:
- Modify the default 'image_make_intermediate_size' filter hook priority.
- Enable / disable contrast leveling.
- Increase / decrease the compression quality percentage.
- Adjust sharpening values individually (sigma, radius, amount, threshold).
WPSSO Core Plugin Required
WPSSO Tune Image Editors (aka WPSSO TIE) is an add-on for the WPSSO Core plugin.